The name might imply that these are the easiest relations in Socionics, but wait until we explain them in detail, and then you’ll make up your mind. These relations are mirrors of each other amongst partners, and getting along with each other is almost as smooth as silk:
- INTj (LII, Ti-Ne) – INTp (ILI, Ni-Te)
- INFj (EII, Fi-Ne) – INFp (IEI, Ni-Fe)
- ISFj (ESI, Fi-Se) – ISFp (SEI, Si-Fe)
- ISTj (LSI, TI-Se) – ISTp (SLI, Si-Te)
- ESTj (LSE, Te-Si) – ESTp (SLE, Se-Ti)
- ESFj (ESE, Fe-Si) – ESFp (SEE, Se-Fi)
- ENTj (LIE, Ti-Ni) – ENTp (ILE, Ne-Ti)
- ENFj (EIE, Fe-Ni) – ENFp (IEE, Ne-Fi)
R.K. Sedih, in “Informational psychoanalysis” tells us about Quasi-Identical Partners that though they can certainly argue for hours, and may even disagree strongly with each other, “cooperation is easy, partners often help each other out. Quasi-identicals are usually positively predisposed towards one another.” This statement is quite an advantage, and as respect and teamwork will certainly prevail, regardless of any disagreement, serious conflicts don’t take much space in these relations.
A.V. Bukalov, G. Boiko, in their work “Why Saddam Hussein made a mistake, or what is Socionics?” claim partners in Quasi-identical relations are analogous in interests: “Collaborative work with the delimitation of spheres of activity can be quite successful in this pair.” So while they may encounter moments of confrontation and disagreement, if managed with familiarity and due respect, reminding partners about their goals, hard work, time, and efforts, these can be easy, breezy, and very useful relations.
V.V. Gulenko, in his work “Criteria of reciprocity,” explains that those who are not part of the relation will find necessary to adjust to the conversation style and to have a balanced discussion with these partners: “The same thought partners articulate in different ways. Because of the inability to prove anything to each other, misunderstandings and unproductive debates arise”, so be prepared to ask and reinforce explanations from them to make sure everyone is on the same page, and know that in Quasi-identical relations, partners tend to underestimate each other.
Gulenko and Molodtsev in “Introduction to socionics,” let us recognize that these partners will coexist peacefully if the partners are logical types. Still, if they are ethical, issues may arise, as they will often discuss their relations.
For these relations to always get along, discussions need to remain short, and to the point, the fact that partners need to focus on goals and logic may require a neutral head when heated interactions take place. When discussions happen, make sure arguments are logical, avoid haste in making important decisions, don’t pinpoint ethical matters, and help them be rational towards one another as their lack in the sense of reality might get in the way. Remain neutral and democratic when working with Quasi-identical partners: a sense of humor and an optimistic outlook on life will come a long way, strengthening these relations. After all, believe it or not, Quasi-Identicals will find peaceful topics for conversation or discussion, they will also come to a middle ground fast if the right conversations take place. When it comes to solving problems together, Quasi-Identical partners will quickly begin to understand that they are both thinking in very different ways.
By: Dr. Graciela González Calderón-Psychologist
- Sedih, R.K. “Informational psychoanalysis” as quoted in https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/108-Quasi-Identical-Relations
- Bukalov, A.V. Boiko, G. “Why Saddam Hussein made a mistake, or what is Socionics” as quoted in https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/110-Business-Relations
- Gulenko, V.V. “Criteria of reciprocity” as quoted in https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/110-Business-Relations
- Gulenko, V.V. Molodtsev, A.V. “Introduction to socionics” as quoted in https://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/110-Business-Relations
Personality Differences and Relationship Satisfaction from the Perspective of the Big Five Trait TheoryMay 6, 2020
“My wife and I were happy for 20 years,” joked
Does Jungian psychology works best with creative people (high in openness)?April 19, 2020
If people who are high in openness aren’t doing something
Identical RelationsApril 18, 2020
Identical relations refer to the ones that exist amongst identical